Monday, March 20, 2017

Hello my family and friends! This week was really great here in Spanishtown! This week we got transfer calls and guess what?! I'm staying another transfer here lol. So yeah this will be my 6th and by the time I go home I will have been here for about 9 months lol. I'm perfectly fine with it though. We have some good people we are working with. Since I won't be here for all of next transfer we are getting another companion. We are getting a missionary named elder call! He is from rigby Idaho! I actually trained his trainer, elder Boyer, and so technically that makes me his grandpa lol. I'm really excited to have him here with us. This past week we had another powerful district meeting. At the conclusion we started a fast together as a district. If you have been keeping up with my letters you will remember that we set a baptismal goal as a district. One of our investigators, Brandi, has been wanting to be baptized the last transfer but couldn't because her mom wouldn't give her permission. We talked to her mom about it one time and she seemed like her mind was pretty made up about the situation. We have been asking the other family members  who are members of the church to put in a good word about her baptism. During Wednesday night we decided to go over to talk to her mom again. When we got there we learned that her mom wasn't there. The last two weeks we had been encouraging brandi to speak to her mother herself. We asked if she had talked to her and she said no. We stood there for a second and asked if she really wanted to be baptized. She said yes of course and then I told her that the only way it was going to happen was that she asked her mom herself. I then had the idea to do a role play. So I pretend to be her mom lol. We gave her some tips and helped build her confidence. We came back the next night and we saw that her mom was home. We stopped and talked for a second about what we would say. I was really nervous lol but I was gonna show my faith that it would work out. I then knocked on the door and Brandi came out. I asked if she had talked to her mom and she said yes! I then asked what was her answer and she just nodded her head yes! I then asked her are you sure and she was like yeah! We the. Went in and talked to her mom and it was great. Her mom was actually really excited about the baptism and asked if we could have it next Sunday so she could come. On Saturday we played basketball with the other elders in our ward. It's been like 8 months since I last shot a basketball and boy was I rusty. We had a lot of fun though. We played with some youth from the ward and we demolished them lol. What made it so funny was that they had been talking trash for weeks lol. I'm thankful that so many things have been going our way these last few months. I know that all of this is because of Heavenly Father. Without home things like this would never be possible. To conclude my letter I want to leave you all with a quote from a scripture.
It comes from Romans 8:31.

If God be for us, who can be against us?

Like I said earlier all things are possible through our father in heaven and our savior Jesus Christ. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment