Monday, April 10, 2017

Hello family and friends! This week has been a pretty interesting one lol. Last Monday we all actually spent the day in mandeville at their zone pday. I got permission from president to go and pick up some things there. It was so fun seeing elder hatch and elder porter again. I have missed seeing them around Spanishtown lol. This week we were able to pick up a few new investigators. One named romain and the other named kimmey. That last one is actually a guy but sometimes people have weird names lol. I have actually known romain for the entire time I have been in this area. I have asked him numerous times when he would let us teach him. Last week he actually gave us a day and a time and the lessons we had with him were incredible. He is really interested and has committed to be baptized on the 22nd. It kinda sucks putting people on date and knowing that I won't be here haha. I know that if he continues to read the Book of Mormon like he has been, the spirit will testify to him that it is true. While we were having our first lesson with kimmey, I felt strongly prompted to teach him the plan of salvation instead of the restoration. I followed it and it was exactly what he needed. He asked tons of good questions and was really thinking deeply. I know that he felt the spirit of the lord. We also had a funny moment in that lesson lol. We were teach him at his cousins house, who's a recently returned missionary, and during the lesson I was eaten by the couch. Now I have been over to their house before and had a similar thing happen. First off that couch isn't very good cause most of the support for where you sit is missing. Before I sat down I made sure that I was in a stable location lol. So as we are teaching all of a sudden the board slides out from under me and we both just fall into the couch. Some of the little girls there were dying with laughter, but we all continued to focus on the lesson. This week elder call got three ingrown toenails, so he has been walking around in slides and soaking his feet in salt water the past few days lol.  Also I have pondered on my mission a lot this week. All the things that I have learned, seen and experienced. Giving this time in my life to God has been well worth it. I just would like to beat you my testimony as elder Lewis one last time. I want you all to know that I know that God lives. I know that his son, Jesus Christ, lives and is our savior. I have felt their divine help in my life numerous times. If you have problems, issues , or you're just plain not happy with your life. The gospel of Jesus Christ will change it. If you want to see a change follow the principles. I did and look at what he's done for me. I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the lords church. And that the Book of Mormon is also holy writings. You all can find out for yourselves as well, but only if you truly want to know and you ask God. I'm thankful for my experience and all that Heavenly Father has taught me. I still have a lot to learn, but I know he will guide me. I love you all and I'll see you in a few days! Take care and be safe!

Elder Jon Lewis 
Jamaica Kingston Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment