Monday, April 3, 2017

Hello my family and friends. This week has been pretty good for the most part. Being in a trio is pretty weird lol, but I'm thankful that its with my grandson. This week I would just like to tell you guys about an experience I had on Friday. As you all know I had my bike that I really loved stolen a few months ago. About 20 days ago I found it and was asking the people around who was riding that bike. A lot of people pretended not to know, but there was one particular guy who kept trying to talk to me and give me the run around. He told me that he swore it wasn't him. In my heart I felt like he was the culprit, but I could not accuse him because I had no proof. Last week my feeling was confirmed as I saw him riding it through the town. I had told countless people that I was gonna become a problem for this guy and get my bike back. After weekly planning on Friday we went on splits. I was with a potential missionary named D'Jon. We stopped and had a lesson with an investigator named Sasha. Afterwards I turned to him and asked him what the magic number was. He laughed and eventually said 20. As we were headed out I felt impressed to head towards brother Henry's house. We walked out of the shop and about 20 yards down the road I spot my bicycle. As we continued walking up I saw the guy I had seen riding it the last time. I walked up beside him, took off my sunglasses, and asked him why he lied to me. He tried to come up with words to say but I just told him to be quiet and listen. I told him that he needed to get his life together. I told him that he has to be a better example for his son. I told him that I forgave him. I wasn't mad anymore but that I wanted him to change. What he said to me really spoke to me. He told me that I was a true follower of Christ. He said most people would have done horrible things to him for what he did. But I came, talked to him, and forgave him. After that he told me that he wanted to listen to our message. Over the last year of my mission it has been really tough at times. I have felt that I haven't made the progress that I should have at times. This experience helped me to see that I have truly become a more Christlike person. A few years ago I would have beat this guy up, but I didn't. After we walked away I felt the spirit testify to me strongly that I did what God wanted me too. General conference was awesome as well. I'd like to include one of my favorite quotes from conference to go along with this experience. I can't remember who said it but it goes like this. "Come as you are but don't plan to stay as you are." This work has changed me. I pray and thank Heavenly Father everyday for who he has helped me to become. I know that Jesus and God can do the same thing for everyone else as well! I love you all and talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment